Friday, May 13, 2016

Blissful Timelessness

I am not even sure if it is a real thing or not, but it is a phrase I have used for many years. For me, Blissful timelessness describes when you are so present in the moment that nothing else matters, time does not matter, only the moment right here, right now.


Think back to a time when you were just really happy. It could be reading a book, spending time with someone you love, exercising, dancing, listening to music.


I know if you are depressed, it can be hard to think of such a time, but I know you have at least one moment like this, where everything stops, all thoughts, worries, even time seems to stop. These are the moments when time flies... when you feel like it has been 10 minutes and it has been an hour. For me, these moments often involve someone I love or care about, music, scuba diving, reading a good book.... sometimes I even find myself like this at work, I am completely involved with what I am doing, nothing else occupies my mind, but the moment. Usually, I am solving a problem or creating something. Woah, where did the time go.... you know those moments.


What are they for you? Now grab your journal, your calendar, your phone, your schedule, whatever you use to keep yourself on track and schedule some time for yourself to do just that.... Find some time to spend on something that distracts you from everything else.... and make a promise to yourself to keep that date! Its important! You are important!

No comments:

Post a Comment